What is self storage?
Do I need climate controlled storage?
That depends on what you’re storing. Any items that are sensitive to humidity or temperature changes – like instruments, clothing, papers, artwork, wood, and more – can greatly benefit from climate controlled storage.
Is self storage secure?
Ours is. We’re proud to do self storage a little differently, and that involves a top-of-the line experience complete with multi-level security and illuminating, state-of-the-art LED lighting on our indoor climate controlled units.
How can I tell if I’m getting a good value for my self storage unit?
The old adage “you get what you pay for” is often repeated, and for a good reason. Finding affordable self storage is important, but saving money on where you’re keeping your prized belongings doesn’t mean much if your experience is terrible and your items aren’t secure. The Storage Project is dedicated to giving you the best. Our units are new, clean, well-lit, and secure, and our indoor climate conditioned units boast a variety of in-demand features.
Most importantly, our manner is straightforward. We treat you the same way we’d want to be treated. And that, to us, is the true meaning of good value.
How can I get my things into my storage unit?
We offer a free move-in truck available for customers to move in and out of our facilities. They are available at most locations on a first-come, first-served basis, so move quick. To confirm availability and to book the truck, please contact the location at which you plan to rent a unit. Use of the truck is subject to the terms and conditions of the Truck Rental Agreement that must be executed by the customer prior to its use.
The basic guidelines are as follows:
- The Rental Fee is $50.00, plus a $10.00 Secondary Insurance Fee. However, the Rental Fee is waived for customers who are moving into the storage facility and use the truck within 7 days of leasing the unit.
- We occasionally run specials on the Secondary Insurance Fee, so be sure to check the facility site page and print the coupon if it’s available.
- If using cash, the deposit will be $100.00; if using a credit card, the deposit will be $300.00. The deposit will be returned to the customer when the truck is returned on time, empty, clean, and undamaged.
- The truck cannot be taken out of the city limits from which it is rented.
- Only persons who are 21 or older and who hold a legal and current license may drive the truck.
- All drivers must provide a driver’s license and proof of current auto insurance coverage.
- Use of the free truck for move-in is limited to four continuous hours. In the case of move-out use, it is determined by your choice of paying in 2-hour increments.
- The truck may only be used during business hours and must be returned to our facility no less than 15 minutes before our office closes (see facility website for office hours).
- If you have additional questions about the use of our easy-to-drive move-in trucks, please contact the facility at which you plan to rent.